Friday, December 31, 2010

December 28, 2009

Well, Peanut, we got to check in on you today and you are doing great! You are 2.5” long and very active. It seems you are very happy in your home. Your heart was beating at 145 beats per minute and Jamie has already felt you kick. Tomorrow is the last day of her 13th week. 1st trimester done!!! Woo Hoo! The ultrasound tech refused to guess your sex yet so the wait is still on. All that we cared about was your health, and it seems to be perfect. Thank you, God!!!

We had a wonderful Christmas full of family, laughs, good food and fun festivities. It is amazing how quickly Christmas comes and then it’s gone. Glad we enjoyed it!

Jamie is feeling so much better now too. She said she feels like a new person. She is still tired and her breasts are larger, but that is about it now. She isn’t showing yet to me, but she can tell on herself.

We had a really wonderful time with Jamie and Jamie last night. My Mom and Fred’s Mom watched all of their kids and Grace so that we could take them out for a nice dinner. We had great conversation, as always, and the Grandmas had a lot of fun with all of the kids. They were pooped when we got home—the kids wore them out! They are really enjoying getting to know each of them better though, and the kids have really taken to them. It warms my heart. We really have all gotten two families out of this deal. Not bad!

I am off to a friends baby shower in about an hour, so I’d better start getting ready. I wonder if I’ll have a private minute to share our news with my closest friends after the shower? I am getting really good at keeping this exciting news to myself until the right moments present themselves to tell others about you. It sure is fun to see people’s response!

No comments:

Post a Comment