Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 4, 2009

It has been another wonderful week, and you are now 14 weeks grown! I really can’t believe that Jamie begins week 15 tomorrow. Amazing! Jamie is feeling really great, and she says she has felt you kick some. She is not showing at all yet and has not gained any weight. This is normal for her though. She typically begins to show around 20 weeks and she said she gains all of her weight during the last half of her pregnancies. It’s funny because I had already gained 10 pounds by now with Grace, and I was 100% in maternity clothes. Goes to show that each woman is completely different when it comes to being pregnant, and Jamie’s body sure does pull it off better than mine did!

The biggest update over this past week is that we told Grace about you. She is SO excited to be your Big Sister! We were at one of her favorite places, called Play World, and she took a break from playing to eat her favorite meal for lunch, pizza. I asked her if she was having as much fun as she thought she would and she said it was even better. Then Fred and I looked at each other and knew this was our moment. I said “Honey, do you know why your Dad and I have been talking about names so much lately? ” She said “I don’t know, maybe because you and Dad like to talk about names?” I said “Is that why, Fred?” Daddy said “Well, that is one reason, Grace. Mommy and I do like talking about names.” I told Grace to ask her Dad why else and she did. He then told her that she was going to be a big sister. Her excitement was adorable! Through the roof!!! I then explained to her that my belly is broken and that since Jamie’s belly works so well she is growing Grace her brother or sister. Later that day I got out the photo album and showed Grace the photo of the embryos (otherwise known as “baby seeds”) as well as the photo of all of us at the doctor’s office the day of the embryo transfer. We next looked through the ultrasound photos. As we looked through the photos I again explained everything to her, and she really seems to get it 100%. Amazing, since she is a 3 year old!

Grace wanted to know when she would get her baby, and we told her it would be just before her 4th birthday. Jamie is due on July 7th, and Grace’s birthday is July 20th, so that made it easy for her to understand.

On the way home from Play World we let Grace call her Grandmas to share her big news with them. (They, of course, already knew but were chomping at the bit for Grace to know.) She said to each of them, “You are going to want to come to my birthday party this year, Grandma! And, when you come to my party you are going to want to come into the living room, OK? Because in the living room guess what you will see? MY REAL baby!!! You can hold my baby, too, but just don’t drop it, OK?”

She has been playing “Big Sister” all week with her dolls. We have been practicing changing diapers, pushing the stroller, giving them bottles and baths—you name it! Honestly, she couldn’t be any more happy about you!

By the way, I couldn’t help but tell everyone at the shower the other day of the last journal entry—the evening of our ultrasound. When the third person asked me if we were working on number 2, I just had to tell them our secret. Everyone was very loving and very supportive.

We told other friends on New Year's Eve, and they too were overjoyed and thought the story of your conception was beautiful. Beautiful really is such a great way to summarize it. Everything about this last three months has been beautiful.

We also told our Moms that they could tell their friends now, and they have each told all of their friends about the miracle of your conception over the past few days. It feels so good to let the world know about you now!

We love you so much, my dear baby. In six more months you will be in our arms! Next Christmas we will be holding a belly laughing six month old. Amazing! I cannot wait!!!

Xoxoxoxox,
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment