Monday, June 20, 2011

June 13th, 2010

Hi My Baby Girl,

You are so big now!!! You are almost 37 weeks, which is considered full term. Ahhhh… You are doing GREAT and so is Jamie. We had her OB appointment 2 days ago and she was one centimeter dilated. That doesn’t at all tell us when you will be here but things are beginning to happen.

We also had Jamie and Jamie and their kids over yesterday and a photographer came to take baby photos with all of us. We had a wonderful time with the Compton Family, as always, and hopefully we got some good shots. After the photo shoot we all went out to lunch and it was great!

Your Dad, Sister and I all felt you kick a lot too yesterday. That was the best part of the day.

Jamie guessed that you would be born in 1.5 weeks from yesterday. Your Dad guessed two weeks from last Thursday. (Today is Sunday.) I’ll just be thrilled to meet you, whenever you decide to join us (but selfishly hope it is in June!!!).

I also went to the mall yesterday and bought some fun gifts for Jamie and her family. I made a goodie bag filled with fancy bath stuff, magazines, and candy for Jamie’s hospital stay and I also got Jamie a beautiful necklace. The necklace has a pearl in it that hangs through a pretty heart. Jamie loves pearls and I love the semblance of pearls because they are the birthstone of June (hence my hope that you are born this month!) and I love that the pearl flows through the heart. It makes me thing of you, darling, and how we all grew you in our heart. Without Jamie’s HUGE heart, we wouldn’t have you. The necklace is just perfect and I can’t wait to put it on her after your birth!

So… we are ready for you. I even bought your pretty baby book yesterday. I hope to get your footprints into it at the hospital. We will see if I remember in the midst of all of our excitement!

I am beginning to wake at night now—just thinking about how soon you will be here. I can tell I’m getting more anxious. I just hope and pray that you are born healthy and that your delivery is as painless as possible for Jamie. I also hope that Jamie is ok emotionally after handing you over to us. What a gift!

OK, off to tuck my Gracie Girl into bed.

I LOVE you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment