Friday, June 3, 2011

May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010

Hi Honey,
I wanted to write to you to let you know how excited everyone is getting. You are getting big and you will be here before we know it! Jamie continues to feel and look great. You can tell that she is genuinely just so glad that she chose to do this. Gosh, she grew you! Your Aunt Andrea and cousin Ella were in town this last week and it was so wonderful to hold Ella. She is such a beautiful and sweet baby. I adore her and so does Grace. Unfortunately, your Dad got the stomach flu and Grace got croup just before they arrived so they stayed at Grandma’s house just to play it safe. We did see them some but much less than I had hoped. Grace had a broken heart because she was too sick to even touch Ella. The extent to which she was so upset about it broke Aunt Andrea’s and my heart. It also showed all of us what a gift you will be to her. She is just sooooo excited for you—we ALL are!

Aunt Andrea and Jamie and I went out to dinner last night and it was a wonderful time. Your Aunt cried while thanking Jamie over and over again for you. We will thank her for the rest of our lives! Aunt Andrea loved seeing how very pregnant Jamie is too. It made you that much more real to her.

I packed your bag for the hospital today. I suppose I’ll pack my own soon too! Jamie and I went out a week ago to buy matching PJ’s for the hospital. Should be a great photo opp! It was fun to check out at each store because in each case the person would ask Jamie what she was having and in each case she would answer “She is having a girl.” (While pointing at me.) No one could believe her selflessness or my good fortune. They were all VERY happy for us.

Honestly, baby girl, the journey to you has been such an amazing one! God has had and continues to have a plan for our life that is just so much bigger than anything we could come up with on our own. This journey has truly been beyond amazing. You should always know what lengths we all went to with the dream of you in mind. Now, my love, you are only weeks away from my arms! Hard to believe…

Oh, and our home study is now COMPLETE too. One day you will have that fun read to look forward to as well!

I love you honey.

Xoxoxoxoxo,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment