Friday, June 3, 2011

May 9th, 2010 (Better late than never!)

I apologize for the long delay in posting the last/next few journal entries. I will work on catching up over this next week. We have been VERY busy in May of 2011 with a fun trip to the Smoky Mountains and also to Atlanta to visit with my Sister and her family. Life in 2011 is amazing. But…for now, I’ll finish catching you up on 2010!

May 9th, 2010
Hi Lilly, my dear. I wanted to take some time today, on Mother’s Day, to tell you how happy and excited I am to be your mommy. I love you so much already, amazing since we haven’t even met yet! It’s funny because even though you are not growing in my belly, I do feel you growing every day in my heart. I cannot believe that you will be in my arms in just 6-8 more weeks. Amazing!

We have had one wonderful week. On Monday of last week Grace and I went to Dutch Village in Holland for the day and had such an amazing time together. The day before, we went to Holland as a family for their Tulip Festival and that day was perfect as well. The day before that we went to the children’s museum, and the day before that Grace and I went to the zoo. Hope you are ready for some fun! (And I hope you are an easy baby so we can keep up at our crazy pace!) Last Thursday was Grace’s Mother’s Day tea party for me at school. It was adorable. She goes to farm school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 this year. Anyway, they sang songs, brought us “tea” and made muffins for us. They also made us special gifts, a painted ceramic tile and a beautiful drawing of their mom. We watched a video of each of them telling their moms what they loved most about us too. It was so sweet! Later that afternoon we met Jamie and Olive as well as Jamie’s mom for lunch, and we all went together to the OB appointment. Grace and Olive loved hearing your heart beat! They also liked meeting our OB. She couldn’t believe how much Olive looks like Jamie and how much Grace looks like me. It was a perfect day once again! You are doing so great still and so is Jamie. She still looks amazing too!!!

On Friday Grace and I went to a “Fancy Nancy” dinner at church. We got all dressed up in our fanciest clothes, had a “fancy” dinner, got a professional photo taken together, did 3 fun “fancy” crafts, listened to a librarian read her favorite Fancy Nancy book and then had a dance party. It was so much fun!

Yesterday your Dad and Grace brought me breakfast in bed and, boy, was it ever good! We spent most of the day organizing all of the girls clothes in this house to be sure that we had everything ready for you. Last night we took Grandma out for dinner at Bonefish Grill with Uncle Luke and Aunt Rachel. (They have been dating for 4 years at this point.)

Today we spent Mother's Day with your other Grandma, Aunt Heather and her boyfriend Marc. It was a really nice day.

So, as you can see, we like to stay busy around here. That is probably why the time goes so fast. Like I said, you really will be here with us joining in all of our fun before we know it! We are totally ready for you!!!

We are almost done with the “adoption” paperwork. We have our last home visit this Tuesday and then we are all set, I think. I am really glad that we were forced to “adopt” you. I’m sure it will be a fun read for you when you are older as your adoption book chronicles your father's life and my life since birth, our dating and married life and our life as it is now. It is quite the “baby book” for you. After reading it you will see just how badly we wanted you. You are the greatest gift of all, that’s for sure!

Jamie also had a random stalker over the course of the last couple of months and that too has been pretty upsetting for all of us. Her husband finally called this creep and asked him to please leave her alone. (He really was a stalker, had been imprisoned in years past and all…very scary.) He asked Jamie’s husband if they were happily married (who does that?!?) and he said “yes, very happily.” He then asked Jamie’s husband to please ask Jamie to send back all of the creepy stuff he had sent her. (This included some psycho “love story” and other letters that he had written her.) This stalker has been in and out of mental hospitals and prisons. Jamie met him 13+ years ago at her first job at a restaurant. He found her on facebook a couple of months ago and then was able to find her address. At that point he began sending her many scary letters. Needless to say, this has been the hardest part for me of this journey. There is nothing like not being able to protect your dear friend and your baby. It was a really, really hard and scary time for all of us.

Ironically, this was all coming to a head at the same time as we found out that your pre-birth order had been denied and that we would need to “adopt” you, and quickly too. It was especially hard because I wanted so badly to know that you were safe, yet I knew that you were not ready to come out and, even if you did, you would not be legally ours. What a crazy time it has been.

Now, honey, you can see why I couldn’t bring myself to write in here for a while. We stayed very positive during this time and somehow writing it all down would make it too real and too scary. So, I’ve not been able to write.

I really think we are through the worst of it now though. Thank God!

I have absolutely learned to appreciate each and every day and not to let those things that we cannot control get in my way from having a wonderful day. I refuse to let them bring me down during this amazing journey to you. The outcome in life will be the same, whether or not we obsessively worry or chose to just keep plugging away and seeing the cup as half full, savoring life. The only thing we CAN control is how happy we are today, in this moment. Thanks to this lesson, I spend much less time worrying and much more time savoring all of the wonderful things life has to offer. This lesson has been such a gift and you, my dear, have helped me learn it. I love you honey!

Xoxoxoxoxoxo (and a million more!).
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment