Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18th, 2009

Just checking in to say that Jamie’s bed rest here went great, we had such a nice time! We watched 3 movies, read magazines, but mostly just caught up on life. We talked about the loss of my Dad and Jamie’s life before marriage and kids. We talked about her kids and Grace, our sibling relationships, our closest friends. We talked about how proud we are of ourselves for getting through all of the hoops and making it to this point. We talked about the delivery if she is in fact pregnant since she wants us to be a huge part of delivering our baby. We talked about what Fred and my next steps will be if she isn’t pregnant. (This is still very much undetermined…) We just talked about life.

Jamie is honestly the most genuine, loving, compassionate person I have ever met. She is so calm and so calming. She is so faithful and so appreciative, even as she is looking some other very challenging things of her own straight in the face. She always focuses her energy on all that is good and she really knows how to put things in perspective. I could go on and on about her but, in a nutshell, she is just plain incredible in every sense of the word!

Jamie stayed here Friday and Saturday night and I took her home this morning. I told her that I set up a cleaning crew to deep clean her house tomorrow so that she could try to just continue to take it easy. She was VERY appreciative.

I found myself researching the success stats for IVF and gestational carriers on-line today. NOT a good thing…It’s just not healthy to spend all of my time analyzing and over analyzing everything. In the end, the statistics just don’t matter. This will either have worked or it will not have worked. Taking even one more second out of my day to analyze it won’t change the outcome, but it will negatively affect my day. I pledge not to do this anymore. I am enjoying my week! We will stay busy and have fun and in just over one week we will know where we stand…

No comments:

Post a Comment