Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 26, 2009 (Monday)

Jamie texted me yesterday to tell me that she is breaking out like crazy—even on her cheeks. She said that it is horrible for her but a GREAT sign! She came over today and, sure enough, her face was not as clear as usual. I said “OK, I’ve had enough, let’s take this test!” I opened up the cupboard to get one out of my stash. I should own stock in the company at this point. To our dismay, I was finally out. We determined that we were in our final stretch and decided to wait until tomorrow for our big news.

I laughed and told her that one of my clients called to tell me that when she has a pregnancy vision for someone she is always right. She then told me that Jamie IS pregnant. I thanked her but told her I would wait until tomorrow to get excited. Then I laughed and asked her how many Jamie would have and what the sex would be. She said she didn’t know the sex yet but that we would have one baby.

It’s funny because she is one of the only people that knows about this. The reason she knows is because she told me I had a thyroid tumor and begged me to get an ultrasound done of my thyroid 6 months ago and she was right. She then asked me if we had considered Jamie’s offer anymore the week that we decided to for sure go for it. (I had only briefly mentioned Jamie to her 6+ months earlier…) Due to the incredible timing I decided to tell her. The point is, she is GOOD. However, I wasn’t going to read too much into it. Key word here, if you caught it, is “WASN’T.”

Jamie left my house and went to her friend Lindy’s house for dinner. She told Lindy about my house and Lindy said “I have a test.” Hers was old, from the dollar store and somewhere in the basement…Apparently she never used it, Jamie did.

Jamie called me and said “What are you doing right now?” I knew something was up because I had just seen her and she said we would talk tomorrow. I said “Just making dinner for Grace and I.” (Fred is, of course, out of town all week with work.) Jamie said “Well, I am at my friend Lindy’s house for dinner. I told her about today and, well, she had a test. I’m sitting here in the bathroom and—(The LONGEST few seconds of my life! Seemed like YEARS.)—It’s POSITIVE!!!”

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We laughed, we cried, I thanked her, I thanked God, I thanked her uterus, I thanked God for her uterus. It was a moment I’m sure neither of us will EVER forget. I had to pinch myself. Could this FINALLY be real?!?! We talked a little more about the test being old, etc. and said that we would still see each other tomorrow.

The plan for tomorrow is for Dr. Dodd’s office to leave a message on Jamie’s phone. Jamie will call me and I’ll leave Grace with a friend and head over to her house to listen to the voice mail for the first time with her. We will still do our plan.

Jamie felt awful that we couldn’t celebrate in person together today. It is OK. We will celebrate tomorrow when we hear the official good news and get the numbers. I’m so glad to be able to get some sleep tonight! I am also thrilled that I will not be on pins and needles all day tomorrow while we wait from the time of Jamie’s blood test at until around when the nurse should call. God is GOOD! Jamie is GOOD! LIFE IS GOOD!!!

I called Fred and he was just pulling into his hotel. I said “Hi Honey, You are going to be a Father squared.” He said “What?” I said “We are having a baby!!!” He couldn’t believe it. Honestly, I still can’t as I write this before going to bed and it has been a few hours now. He sounded very excited, a little shocked and a lot surprised. All of my feelings too!

Jamie called me back to ask what Fred’s reaction was. I told her the above and asked her what boy Jamie’s reaction was. She said he was very surprised, excited, and supportive and then he said “Well, it looks like you just bought yourself another two months of butt shots!” Her poor butt looks like it has been through war and it is just killing her. It is all bruised and it has huge red bumps all over it. My heart just breaks for her. She is SUCH a trooper though! Man, she amazes me. She plans to ask the nurse, who just happens to also be her neighbor, if she is doing them right. She can switch over to awful suppositories if she needs to so we will see how it goes. Shots and all, she is just thrilled! "Friend" just doesn't do her justice. Man I cherish her!!!

Jamie was very glad to know that I am also thrilled beyond belief and that I have no regrets about it being her body, not mine, carrying our child. I can honestly say that I have NO regrets. I can now rest assured that our baby is in a great home—growing strong. I do not need to worry about my body not offering it all that it needs to grow. I also don’t have to worry about my health during this pregnancy/delivery. I have all the faith in the world that Jamie and the baby will do great. That feels good!

I will rest soundly tonight and I’ll finally be at peace. Finally. I will anxiously (or maybe not so anxiously as the case may be) report Jamie’s hormone numbers tomorrow.
Life is SO GOOD!

Goodnight our sweet little growing angel, goodnight!





2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reading this!!!! It takes me right back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. :) Glad you are enjoying it!!! I'm so glad I took the time to journal all these moments now... How far we have all come!

    ReplyDelete