Saturday, October 30, 2010

October 30, 2009 (Friday)

If I were a betting woman, I would bet that we are having TWO babies this summer! Jamie’s numbers were supposed to go up by around 80% between her Tuesday and Thursday test and they went up by 260%—more than double, heck almost triple!!! They went from 128 to 345 in just 48 hours. Dr. Dodds called me this afternoon to congratulate us. When I told him that I guessed it was twins based on the #’s he said that he thought I was a smart lady and that he guessed I was right. We will know for sure a week from Monday. Jamie will have the ultrasound without us, and we will get a call from the doctor right away—we will get the call at “the happiest place on Earth,” Yes, we are off to Disney World! It should be a wonderful day!!!

Yesterday was an amazing day. It began with Grace’s very adorable Halloween barn party at her farm pre-school. Then she went home for the afternoon and night with Grandma. Fred was supposed to be out of town until tonight, but his negotiation ended on Wednesday and he took yesterday and today off. We went to brunch together (just he and I) following Grace’s party, and that is when Jamie called with her incredible numbers. We were all shocked to say the least! Then Fred and I went on a clothes shopping spree together at the mall for our fall wardrobes. It was sooo nice! We relaxed that afternoon and I went out with my girlfriends last night. Really—it was the perfect day!

Today Grace and I went to the trick or treat party at my work. She was a “Circle Dancer,” a.k.a. an Irish Dancer. Really adorable! She had the long spiral wig and all. Too darn cute! Yesterday, she was a very cute clown. Tomorrow we are hosting a party for our neighborhood friends. It should be a riot! I made an E'claire cake this afternoon, and we will have a nice chili dinner before trick or treating together. We got a piñata for the kids, pin the tail on the cat, and some really cute decorations and crafts. We are really looking forward to it!

I am showing a house on Sunday and probably writing an offer. Then I'll be preparing for our big trip next week. We will stay at Disney for half of the trip and then with Andrea, Jay, their 5 week old, Ella, for the other half (assuming none of us get H1N1 on the way down!). The “swine flu” is an epidemic right now and so many people are sick. Most schools have been cancelled due to over 30% of the student population being ill. So far so good here though! I am feeling so blessed lately and I am sure we will go and have a wonderful time. We will arrive on Sunday and go to the Magical Kingdom on Monday. We will probably get our great baby news just after a fun day of rides and just before our celebratory dinner. Man, life is so good. I just need to pinch myself!!!

I have been waking up over two hours earlier than usual each morning since getting our good news due to my excitement about everything. I have lost 4-5 pounds, too. I’m sure I have my nerves to thank! Anyway, I am so glad I have been journaling all of this. There will never be another time in my life like this, that is for sure! I am still on pins and needles but am feeling better and more excited by the day. We will be so relieved to hear that all is well after the first ultrasound. Then, if we find out that there are two (or more) of you in there, we will next need to get our mind around that! We will certainly be blessed beyond belief, and we will have our work cut out for us, that is for sure!

We are pretty bummed that we won’t be there in person for the ultrasound to get that first glimpse of our baby(ies) but, again, we are just so glad that there is/are something very special growing in Jamie’s belly. We booked this trip to meet my first niece well before any of this, and the doctors are not willing to wait a week for us to do the ultrasound. They also can’t bump it up by just two days so we can be there. Bummer. SO, hence the news from afar… I’m sure it is all playing out just exactly as it is supposed to though and there is a reason that we are meant to be celebrating at “the happiest place on earth.” At least our minds will be preoccupied that big day! 

That is it for now…Thanks again, God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment