Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 20th, 2009

One week from today I will either be going to bed very upset or very happy—time will tell. I’ve been feeling really great thus far. It is MUCH easier this time around as it is not my body. I am not analyzing every detail about myself constantly, trying to figure out if I am pregnant or not. The only information I have is the information Jamie decides to share with me. So far I only have one symptom to go on, Jamie’s gums are bleeding. She swears they only bleed when she is pregnant, so I guess that is a pretty good symptom. Still, I am reluctant to get too excited at this point. Jamie said that she is also very weepy now. It was obvious on Sunday when we were together because even sad commercials made her cry. At first I was feeling cold-hearted because I wasn't weepy like she was, but then she finally called herself out on it. That made me feel so much better! Anyway, she swears she is getting even worse. As I said, only time will tell… Jamie wants to take a test on Friday. Fred would prefer we not. I’m on the fence. I am actually now leaning more towards waiting it out until the blood test. Then it is just one fresh cut if the test comes back negative, and hopefully, somehow, my heart will hurt less that way. It is doubtful that a pregnancy test would even work so soon I think. I know how hard it is to wait when it is your body though, so I get why Jamie wants to take one. It’s funny, I almost feel like I know now what it is like to be the guy!!! It is easier, that is for sure!

I’ve never before mentioned in here that one of my very best friends, a college roommate, did IVF less than two weeks before I/we did. She found out that she is pregnant just two days before Jamie’s embryo transfer. I am SO thrilled that it worked for her!!! I hope and pray that we will be as lucky… It will be crazy if we both end up with twins. Our other roommate also did IVF and ended up with twins. Yes, you read that correctly—actually, 4 out of 5 of my college roommates ended up doing IVF. Weird, huh?!? Even weirder is the fact that all of our biological sisters were able to get pregnant the first month they "tried." I’m thinking something was wrong with the house where we lived! At least we all have each other and we can relate to exactly what the other is going through. OK, not exactly, because each of us have been down different paths, but we all know what it feels like to long for our baby.

That is it for now… Life is still GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. Hello~ My name is Denise and I ran across your blog and just wanted to tell you that I will say a prayer for you. My best friend just delivered our boy/girl twins 12 weeks ago via gestational surrogacy. It was a wonderful journey that Im so glad we went on together. I will keep you in my thoughts. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im Jill, Denises gestational carrier & this is so crazy to read your words because I SWEAR I have heard Denise say some of the exact things you've said! D & I were "google junkies" & analyzed stats constantly too but, like you, came to the conclusion that they really meant NOTHING!
    Im anxious to find out if you guys cheated and took a HPT...we cheated! Our Transfer was on a Sat, I had preg symptoms Wed, we took HPT on Thurs & it was positive!
    www.surrogateformybestfriend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise and Jill,

    Thanks for following our blog. I just read every single entry of yours today and LOVED it!!! I'm not sure how I found the time to read all of it, as that is not an easy thing to do these days...

    Our story too had a VERY happy ending as you will see if you keep up with it. :) Notice my dates; we were all pregnant at the same time! We just waited to share our very personal journey/journal with the world until now. The entries are one year to the day. (Don't ask me why we waited, as time is a hard thing to come by now!)

    Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate each of you on your love story. As our birth announcement stated--"The best things in life, aren't things". Isn't that the truth! What a journey each of us were blessed to go on. Lucky us! Amazing!!!

    All the best to each of you and those PERFECT babies~

    Amy

    ReplyDelete