Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27, 2009

Well, it is official… We ARE PREGNANT!!! Jamie’s numbers came in at 128. We were told that it is a very strong number for day 12 post transfer with 3-day-old embryos. Her next test is on Thursday. They would like to see her numbers go up by 80% between now and then (48 hours).
We are all thrilled...it feels so great to finally have good news. It was wonderful to share our news with those few that have known about this journey. Of course, I would LOVE to shout it from the rooftop right about now but we are waiting. Our plan was always to wait until about 6 months to tell everyone outside of our immediate family and close friends. We can do that, given the circumstances.

When asked why we would wait so long my answer is first because we can and second because this is such a unique and misunderstood topic that we want to be sure that everything is absolutely ok with the baby before telling the world. I am sure that there will be a million questions. I want to be prepared for them emotionally, and not be stuck in “questionland” forever.

The plan is to tell our immediate family at Christmas, which will be in 12 weeks. Then, I’d like to have a large dessert party with everyone else in the spring. I will personally call each friend to tell them that we have very important news that we would like to share. Hopefully they will all come. Then, Jamie could be our “guest of honor” sharing her beautiful belly with everyone after our announcement. She would be so far along, making it that much more exciting. It would be wonderful to be able to have everyone meet Jamie and Jamie at that time so that we could together answer all of our friend’s questions. Word might get out somehow before then though, or we might decide we just can’t wait this long. Time, again, will tell. This is all of the stuff that we now get to think about. Fun stuff!

As for how I am feeling… Totally strange, if I’m to be completely honest. I can’t even put my finger on all of the feelings because they are all so mixed up and new. I can say that this experience is entirely different then with Grace (obviously!). First off, I was naïve then. It was pure joy and excitement upon discovering I was pregnant. I had no idea at that point what would be in store. Secondly, though, when I looked in the mirror upon learning I was pregnant, I put my hands on my cheeks while crying and said to myself “I’m pregnant, I’m actually finally pregnant!!!” Now, I look in the mirror at myself and, well, it’s still just me looking back. I’m ridiculously excited and WAY less nervous then I would be if it were my body, so it is still all very good. It is just different. After all, someone else is growing our baby.

Fred’s emotions are also all over the board and he too can’t put his finger on them. The best way he can explain it is that he feels like he has officially placed an order for a baby with Jamie and he has just learned that our baby has hit the production line. Maybe it is just awful to admit that it kind of feels this way—but it does. After all, we are waiting for someone else to literally grow our baby, and she doesn’t need our physical help to do it.

There is so much more to think about and so much more to write about, but this is it for now because I am tired… It has been one long but VERY good day!

PS. I have had the flu today so I have yet to hug Jamie now that we know she is carrying our baby. I sure hope that can happen SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment